Moulds are fuzzy surfaces that look bad and can damage your health in multiple ways. They can cause asthma attacks and produce allergens, irritants, and other toxic substances. Inhaling mould spores can cause red eyes, rashes and sneezing, sometimes causing far worse effects. Mould cleaning is required in many cases to avoid further growth.
Moulds can grow in closets and other isolated, far-fetched places if they are not cleaned and monitored regularly. While professional mould treatment is available in Geelong, preventing mould growth is the best way to keep closets clean and hygienic.
Let us look at some of the most sustainable and effective methods for mould prevention in closets.
1. Keeping It Dry: Keeping things dry is the best way to prevent mould growth in closets. As a routine, store only dry items in your closet. If your clothes are wet or damp, avoid keeping them in the closet till fully dry. Also, regularly dry the wet areas of your closet. Get mould inspection done by professionals to check for growth and prevent further growth.
2. Keeping Clothes Clean: Keeping your clothes clean is another effective way to prevent mould growth. Wash your clothes regularly and dry them before storage. This would remove any bacteria or fungi that could result in mould growth. Get professional mould cleaning services if moulds have been bothering you for a long time.
3. Leave Spaces: Leaving spaces between clothing and other items is also an effective way ofmould prevention. This would help you monitor your closets more effectively, leaving little chance of mould development. For effective mould treatment guidance in Geelong, contact Absolute Restoration.
4. Use a Dehumidifier: Dehumidifiers can help dry ceilings, walls and clothing. This can help prevent moulds in closets by reducing the moisture content in the air. Less moisture helps reduce the number of spores and hence helps prevent mould growth in wardrobes. Get mould inspection done before using any corrective or preventive methods.
5. Deep Cleaning: Deep cleaning directly helps the process of mould cleaning by using effective and sometimes heavy-duty methods. Professionals do the job for you while you carry on with your work.
6. Spray Vinegar: Spraying vinegar on the surfaces of the closet also helps in mould treatment in Geelong. The moulds don’t get the requisite ecosystem, resulting in their deterioration.
7. Other Methods: Searching for water leaks is also a part of a mould inspection. Water leaks can cause moisture, resulting in mould development. Keeping plastic bags away also helps in mould cleaning by preventing the growth of breeding grounds by avoiding bacteria and fungi.
The above methods are sure shot ways to prevent mould growth in closets. However, mould treatment is available in Geelong for affected homes. Contact the Absolute Restoration team for mould inspection and expert treatment. We use the most advanced tools and techniques for mould removal while ensuring zero damage to your property.
Contact us today for effective mould cleaning services at your convenience.